The Future as I Believe it

I've never really put into consideration what my future might be like, and what might become of the world beyond my own. If I had to make an educated guess, based off of the way my life is at this very moment I would say that the world will change but not end. I am aware that there are a lot of issues environmentally, like coral bleaching, deforestation, overpopulation, stress, fear. I do have faith in brilliant minds of children and professionals in the field to produce appropriate solutions to any problem that comes our way as a human race. I will say one thing I do not see being reversed or resolved is media, and issues revolving around it. There is a small video game out there called "We Become What We Behold" a 5 minute quick game that tells the story of how our media covers things, and what is happening because of it. It's tragic really, you get the public scared stiff, interviewing kids that have been shot or lost their friends in school shootings, then not even three minutes later you are being fed advertisements for bullet proof backpacks, anti anxiety and depressant medication, and pepsi products. It's shameful really. One thing I have discovered though, is it is much more liberating to avoid media of the like entirely. Nowadays the news has no substance, no enrichment, only fear, and that's not truly what the world is today. However, the reason it is that is because so many people absorb into it, it can be hard to hide from especially with social media as it is. I have hope that the population will discover that in time, be able to learn that this is not the way the world truly is, and they will be able to live life to the fullest possible. However, I do have an aching feeling that it is not the case. This world will probably end in fear faster than it will a black hole or some other phenomena. The media will keep spoon feeding the eyes on it that everyone on two legs is out to get them, hurt them, destroy them. Making it harder for people of different races, ages, classes, genders and religions to connect and solve problems together. It will reach a boiling point that will start with a new era of silent segregation, hostility will rise more and more the less we are able to unplug. Eventually someone of power will become so afraid that they will pull a switch that could inevitably decide the fate for all of us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contemporary Urban Fantasy

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy